PMD Pro is a specialized and global certification scheme for project managers working in the development sector. It is therefore aligned with existing internationally recognized project management standards which includes components specific to the NGO sector. It combines the PRINCE2, PMP + Specific NGO Sector requirements like M & E, etc.
After this training, each participant will be able to:
Implement a range of tools and techniques used for managing projects and workloads.
Use systems that are international, tailored to NGO organizations that have helped to increase productivity in developing sectors.
Utilize specialist skills such as planning and implementation by adding best practices.
Improve quality and communication through an organization-wide common language.
Maximize the value of project management investments for both the donors and implementing partners.
4 WEEKENDS (Saturday Only)
TIMING : 9AM – 5PM
The course ensures a standardized approach to project management for development organizations. Other benefits include:
A professional certification status for project managers in the sector
Improved project outcomes, transparency and accountability.
Common vocabulary and framework specifically for managing development projects.
Comprehensive and accessible learning resources for professionals working in the development sector.
Eight (8) modules will be covered during this training. Subsequently, these modules are based on the Project Management for Development Professionals’ Guide 2017 (PMD Pro Guide 2017). They include:
Project in Development Sector (PMD Pro Model, Principles, Disciplines and Competencies)
- Firstly, PMD Pro Management Competency Model
- Then, Project Cycle Management
- PMD Pro Project Phase Model
- Project Identification and Design
- Setting Up Projects
- Project Planning
- Project Implementation
- Monitoring, Evaluating and Controlling Projects
- End of Project Transition
- Fourthly, The 5 Principles of Project Management in Development Sector
- And then The 6 Project Management Disciplines- Scope, Stakeholders, Time, Risk, Resources, and Project Justification Management
- Lastly, Project Justification Management
- Problem and Objective Tree
- Practical Application
Identifying and Designing a Project
- Stakeholder Consultation and Ownership
- Stakeholder Management
- Risk Management
- Identifying Project Needs
- Collecting and Analyzing Data
- Identifying the Project Intervention Logic
- Managing Project Decision Gates
- Logical Framework Matrix
Setting Up a Project
- Establishing the Project Governance Structure
- Officially Authorizing the Start of the Project
- Communicating the Project Launch
Planning your Project
- Scope Management
- Time Management
- Resources Management
- The 5 Project Implementation Planning Principles
- Issues Management
- Managing People
- Managing Internal Controls
Monitoring, Evaluating and Controlling your Project
- Monitoring Projects
- Project Evaluation
- Project Control
End Of Project Transition
- Transition Strategy and Management
- Project Scope Verification and Deliverables Acceptance
- Administrative, Financial and Contractual Closure
- End of Project learning Completion
- Subsequently, accomplishments Celebration
Adapting the PMD Pro
- Fundamentals of Adapting
- Factors to Consider when Adapting the PMD Pro
Insights about PMD Pro Training Course
What is the PMD Pro?
Who should take this qualification?
- Individuals who already work in the Development sector
- Project Managers from other sectors who wish to work in the targeted sectors
Are there any pre-requisites for PMD Pro certification?
How long are the PMD Pro certifications valid for?
Training Delivery Modes
We're Recommended By
“Excellent delivery of the course from the organizers. I enjoyed the scheduling class.”
Ibrahim M. Nasir
“The training has enhanced my understanding and it has also improved my skills in managing projects.”
Mr. Ayodele Ajana
“The PMP class was an eye-opener. Good learning environment and great tutors. I enjoyed the course modules, quality of delivery and interactive sessions.”
“The training exceeded my expectations. I am happy the organization takes into cognizance people’s fight schedule. I passed my PMP certification exams on my first sitting all thanks to Ecoways Limited.”
“The PMP was very informative and the instructors made it practical and easy to follow.”